Challenges are the core of Gameball gamified experience which you can integrate on your platform. You can easily create challenges from Gameball challenges library so that it is seen and achieved by your customers.
You can access the challenges section of your Gameplan experience in the Gameball dashboard through Programs > Challenges and Missions: Configure
Challenge Configurations Attributes
Below a brief about challenge configuration attributes. Not all the below attributes are valid for all challenge types, so based on the chosen challenge type, attributes will be different. Click on any of the configured challenges or click Create a New Challenge.
A. Challenge Type
There are seven different types of challenges you can set up for your players on Gameball, check Gameball challenges types.
If you want the challenge to be available and visible to only a group of people you choose based on any criteria, you can create a label to tag these people with, then you can configure challenges only for them. Read about Group your players by tags
B. Challenge Details
- Challenge Name: It is the internal name of the challenge, this name won't be displayed on Gameball player widget.
Examples: Referral badge for Q1 2019, Upselling placing fashion orders Jan 2019.. etc
- Challenge Badge: This is the challenge image/badge which will be seen by the player on Gameball player widget.
- Displayed Name: It is the name of the challenge which will be displayed on Gameball player widget.
Examples: The Reviewer, The Shopaholic, The Networker.. etc
- Displayed Description: It is the description of the challenge which will be displayed on Gameball player widget.
Define how do you want to reward your player after achieving this challenge. You can reward your player with the below options:
- Score (if you have chosen score as your leveling up method. Learn more)
You can give your players points and score during their journey till achieving the challenge in case the challenge has multiple or a sequence of events/actions before the challenge is completed.
For example: if there is a challenge for buying products that equal 500 USD, you can choose to reward your player with every order under 500 USD they place until they reach the whole amount and complete the challenge.
C. Challenge Settings
By clicking the Edit Icon next to Challenge Settings, you can configure the following:
Define when should this challenge will be active. Every challenge with these settings can have 2 options:
- Always Active: The challenge will be always active
- Specific Time: The challenge will have a start and end date for when the challenge will be automatically activated
Control how do you want to display the challenge inside Gameball Player Profile. You have 3 options:
- Always Visible: The challenge will be always visible in the player profile before and after achieving it
- Not Visible: The challenge won’t be visible in the player profile before and after achieving it
- Visible If Achieved: The challenge will be visible in the player profile only after achieving it
Define how many times your player can achieve this challenge. Every challenge with these settings can have two options:
- Unlimited: It can be achieved with unlimited times, with no capping
- Limited: It can be achieved based on a predefined cap
Define the level your players should be on to have this challenge unlocked. Every challenge with these settings can have 2 options:
- Always On: It will be available for all players at all levels
- Based On Level: It will be available for all players on a specific level or higher
Choose if you want your players to get notified after achieving the challenge, or when they take an action (event) that takes them one step closer to completing the challenge. You choose from the following options:
- Notifications on: Players will receive a notification after completing an event or challenge.
- Notifications off: Players will not receive any notifications after completing an event or challenge.
- Global settings: Notifications will be sent based on the predefined notification settings you configured on the notifications section. Read more about Sending real-time notifications for challenge and missions program
Exists with event-based and high-score challenges only. Choose whether to notify players after every completed action that leads one step closer to achieving the challenge.
D. Challenge Type-based Settings
Based on the chosen type of challenge, you will be asked to configure the rule that grants a player the challenge reward once achieved.