If you are on Wordpress and using Woocommerce, you can now easily integrate with Gameball with only one click!
Once you signup on Gameball, you will need to complete some quick tasks to finalize your integration between Gameball and Wordpress.
Step 1: Use Gameball plugin on your store
A. Install Gameball plugin on your Wordpress website
Go to your Wordpress admin page > Plugins > Add New and follow the below steps:
- Search for Gameball Plugin
- Install Gameball plugin to your Wordpress
- Activate Gameball plugin
B: Configure your Gameball plugin on Wordpress website
Once you activate Gameball plugin, a new Gameball link will be added to your Wordpress admin main menu. Click on this link to access the plugin configurations page.
Follow the below steps:
- Add your Gameball account API key
- Add your Gameball account Transaction key
- Define which WooCommerece player events to be sent to Gameball
Once you add these details click on Submit to start connecting your Wordpress with Gameball account.
Step 2: Add your website registration link on Gameball
Your registration page URL is needed for the below:
- Creating a unique referral link to your players (in case of enabling referral program)
- Encouraging your visitors to signup through the guest view of Gameball widget
Step 3: Use WooCommerce REST API key
This will enable your customers to redeem their points into WooCommerce coupons on your store. Without configuring this key, the points redemption feature won't be available.
A: Create WooCommerce REST API key
Go to your Wordpress admin page > WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced tab > Rest API then follow the below steps:
- Click on Add Key
- Write a name for this new key and choose "Read/Write" then click on Generate API key
Now your WooCommerce REST API is created and ready to be used.
B: Configure REST API key on Gameball
Go to your Wordpress admin page > WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced tab > Rest API and follow the below steps:
- Click on the recently created REST API in the last step
- Copy the Consumer key and Consumer secret
Go to your Gameball admin dashboard and navigate to your tasks page. Click on "Add Wordpress Keys" task and follow the below steps:
- Add your website URL link
- Add your WooCommerce REST API Consumer key and Consumer secret
- Wordpress API version should be Version 3
Once you add all needed details click on Test Connection
NOTE: You can change the configured REST API on Gameball later through your Gameball Admin Settings
Step 4: Publish Gameball on your website
You are now ready to publish Gameball on your website. Click on publish Gameball widget at task #4, and Gameball is now published!
IMPORTANT NOTE: We only support Woocommerce 2.4+ versions
Integration is now done, what is next?