Enjoy increasing your social media presence and enhancing your branding by configuring the social media challenge through Gameball. Gameball offers you this challenge type to encourage your players to follow you on different social media platforms. Here is how you can create and configure this type of challenges.
How to Create a Social Media Challenge?
The following is an example of a challenge that pushes our players to like our page on Facebook.
You can access the challenges section of your Gameplan experience in the Gameball dashboard through Programs > Challenges and Missions: Configure
Set Challenge Behavior
After clicking Create New Challenge from your challenges listing page, select Social Media, then click Next.
If you want the challenge to be available and visible to only a group of people you choose based on any criteria, you can create a label to tag these people with, then you can configure challenges only for them. Read about Group your players by tags
- Challenge Name: It is the internal name of the challenge, this name won't be displayed on Gameball player widget.
Examples: Referral badge for Q1 2019, Upselling placing fashion orders Jan 2019.. etc
- Challenge Badge: This is the challenge image/badge which will be seen by the player on Gameball player widget.
- Displayed Name: It is the name of the challenge which will be displayed on Gameball player widget.
Examples: The Reviewer, The Shopaholic, The Networker.. etc
- Displayed Description: It is the description of the challenge which will be displayed on Gameball player widget.
Define how do you want to reward your player after achieving this challenge. You can reward your player with the below options:
- Score (if you have chosen score as your leveling up method. Learn more)
Control how do you want to display the challenge inside Gameball Player Profile. You have 3 options:
- Always Visible: The challenge will be always visible in the player profile before and after achieving it
- Not Visible: The challenge won’t be visible in the player profile before and after achieving it
- Visible If Achieved: The challenge will be visible in the player profile only after achieving it
Define the level your players should be on to have this challenge unlocked. Every challenge with these settings can have 2 options:
- Always On: It will be available for all players at all levels
- Based On Level: It will be available for all players on a specific level or higher
Choose if you want your players to get notified after achieving the challenge, or when they take an action (event) that takes them one step closer to completing the challenge. You choose from the following options:
- Notifications on: Players will receive a notification after completing an event or challenge.
- Notifications off: Players will not receive any notifications after completing an event or challenge.
- Global settings: Notifications will be sent based on the predefined notification settings you configured on the notifications section. Read more about Sending real-time notifications for challenge and missions program
- Choose Action: Choose the type of action you want to reward your player for, like share, follow, and like.
- Choose Platform: Choose between Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- URL: Inset the link of your social media page.
Finally, review your challenge details and configuration then publish the challenge on your platform by clicking Save.
⚠️ DISCLAIMER: Your players will be rewarded for this challenge once they are redirected outside your platform. Gameball can NOT guarantee that your players actually like or follow you on your social media platforms.
Social Media Challenge on Player Widget
Now that we have configured the social media challenge, its badge will automatically be visible on your player widget among other badges. Below is how the badge info appears within your player widget.