Referral marketing is basically encouraging your current customers to refer your business to other people they know, and in return, you reward them for every successful referral. Referral programs are a great way to build loyalty with your customers by asking people who trust you to ask others to trust them.
To understand and configure a referral program at Gameball, follow the below steps.
Step 1: Choose your referral method
In order to launch the Gameball referral program on your platform, you need to carry out a few steps:
- Login to your Gameball dashboard then go to Programs > Referrals, then click Configure.
- On the referrals page, click the Edit Icon under Referral Method
- A pop-up window will appear where you are prompted to choose your referral method and configure your referral flow
You can choose one of the following three methods of referrals:
- Players only: Players will win a reward for every successful referral when their referred friends sign up on your platform. Referred friends however will not be rewarded.
- Players and their friends: Both players and their friends will be rewarded when the referral is completed successfully. The referred friend must sign up on your platform so that the referral is deemed to be successful.
- Players and their guests: Both the player and their guest friends will be rewarded for the successful referral, however, the friend does not have to sign up on your platform. The referral is deemed to be successful when the guest friend completes and pays for an order.
Step 2: Configure a referral rule
Choose an action or rule that the referred friend needs to complete before either of your players (referee and referred) gets the reward.
The default setting allows players to win rewards once their referred friends create an account on your platform. However, you can create your own flow for rewarding your players based on different events. For example, let your players win rewards once their referred friends complete their first order, or placing an order of X amount. Learn how to create and send events to Gameball.
Note: this step only applies to the first and second referral methods. If your chosen method is Players and their guest friends, you can not add a referral rule, however, the referral is deemed to be completed when the guest friend completes a purchase of a minimum amount that you choose at the reward section.
Step 3: Choose your rewards
A. Choose a type of player reward
To choose a reward for the player that made the referral, click the Edit Icon under Player Reward.
A pop-up window will appear where you are prompted to choose your reward details, follow the below steps to configure a reward.
Choose between rewarding your players with:
with this option, you will only add the number of points you want to give your players after every successful referral.
Note: Score will only exist if your leveling-up method is Score
Choose any of the following vouchers to reward your players with after every successful referral.
- Flat rate: reward your player with a fixed amount that they can use during their next order.
- Percentage-based discount: specify the discount percentage you want to apply to your player's next order.
- Free shipping: reward your player with free shipping on their next order.
- Free product: choose the product from your collection you want to give to your player as a form of reward.
You can give your player a bonus reward for completing a minimum amount of referrals. Turn on this option through the activation toggle as shown below:
- Choose the minimum number of referrals
- Then your bonus reward
- Click Save
B. Choose a type of player reward
If you have chosen the second or third referral method, then you will need to choose rewards for the referred new player or guest.
Click the Edit Icon under Friend Reward.
A pop-up window will appear where you are prompted to choose your reward details
- Repeat the same steps as you did with the Player reward
- Choose between Toast or Popup to be the type of Friend Notification you want to appear.
- Click Save.
If you have chosen the third referral method, Players and their guest friends, you will need to specify the Minimum Purchase Amount the guest has to make so that the referral is considered completed.
Note: If you have chosen the third referral method, Players and their guest friends, vouchers are the only method to reward the guest.