Through Gameball, you can allow your players to use the collected points as discounts through your web app.
Step One: Enable points redemption on your web app
Configure the redemption equation on Gameball Admin Dashboard (See Points Configuration and Configure Point Expiry and Default Redemption Rule). Points redemption status must be Active.
Follow the below steps to complete points transaction:
- You can get the current player balance to check if there is sufficient balance or not, or if you want to show it to your player on your web app through Player Points Balance API
- Start a points hold request through Hold Points API
This API will hold the requested amount for 10 minutes until your player completes the payment process on your web app using any other payment method in case it will be a partial payment using points.
- Order is placed and paid successfully on your website
- Totally redeem the held points from the player balance through Redeem Points API
Step Two: Other important operations to be handled
A. Reverse Transaction
Sometimes, you will need to cancel a purchase reward transaction or to refund redeemed points transaction. Follow the below steps:
- While you are creating a payment reward or points redemption transaction, you will store the original transaction ID of your platform on Gameball
- You can reverse the reward/redemption transactions through Reverse Points Transactions API
B. Reverse Hold Transaction
You might need to reverse the held points during the 10 mins hold time. Follow the below steps:
- While holding points, a hold reference ID will be created for this hold transaction
- You can reverse the held points through Reverse Hold Transaction API