As your players collect points with different purchases and actions performed on your website, you get to decide here how they can later use these points. Based on your configurations, players can earn points through different Gameball programs:
- Challenges and Missions
- Purchase Rewards
Through Points Configuration section on your Gameball dashboard, you can configure the following:
- Points expiry
- Default redemption rule which is a default monetary value for points
- Extra redemption rules like percentage discount or free shipping coupons. Note that this is available on Shopify and WordPress only
On your Gameball dashboard, go to Points Configurations section under Programs then click Configure, as shown below.
Next, make sure that points redemption is active. This way your players can use their points during checkout.
In the case of Points Redemption not "Active", the redemption experience will be unavailable to your players. Hence:
- The redemption tab will be hidden on Gameball Player widget for both Shopify and Wordpress.
- The redemption APIs used will be blocked for platforms integrated with Gameball
Configure Points Expiry
In order to configure the points expiry follow these steps:
- Click on the edit icon of the points expiration section
- Set the expiry of all points gained by players through any transaction
Configure the Default Redemption Value
It's very easy, just follow these steps:
- Click the edit button of the default rule
- Set the equivalent monetary value of a point in your currency
For Shopify and WordPress, the default rule will let players create fixed amount discount coupons based on the equivalent monetary value of the points.
Configure Customized Redemption Experience
Gameball also gives you an option to configure other customized redemption values like percentage discounts or free shipping. Check our next article to learn more about these customizable configurations.
Next, check how you can customize different notifications for each of Gameball programs.