Why should you integrate Segment with your Gameball account? And how can you make the best out of Gameball player attributes?
This integration will allow you to target and segment your players on how loyal they are to your app. This integration will allow you to:
- Segment your contact lists based on Gameball player attributes.
- Trigger an automation based on Gameball players attributes.
- Send more personalized emails by including Gameball player information in email templates, for instance, Player current level.
How to configure Segment on Gameball?
- Add the events you want to track in Gameball Admin Dashboard.
For more, info on how to do that check out this article. Here is an example:
- Add Gameball app as a destination from Segment catalog
- Add your Gameball API Key in destinations settings on Segment. Learn where to find your Gameball API key
- Ensure that the events you track reach Gameball through the Event Tester on Segment with the Event Builder
In the previous example, Event name is (Buy product) and (type) shoes
Note: The Event Name in event tester on Segment is the same Event Name in Gameball Admin Dashboard, and you must include userId.
- Ensure that the events you track reach Gameball through the Event Tester in Segment with the JSON Builder
Event name is (Buy product) and (type) shoes
Note: The the only properties supported updating through events at the moment are the ones in the Player Info box, which are:
- Join Date
- Level Name
- Type ID
- Score Balance
- Level ID
- Completed Challenges