After integrating Gameball with your platform, you can import the data of the previously existing customers to Gameball in a few and easy steps.
Step 1: Export old rewards program data
All you have to do is head to your current rewards program, ask for an export file of your customers. For successful migration to Gameball, you need to have the below information for every customer:
- Player ID [Mandatory]
- Player Email [Mandatory]
- Player Name
- Mobile Number
- Player Points
- Required Level Order (Tier)
Pause your current loyalty program on the old platform, and follow the next step to complete the migration process.
Step 2: Import your customers with a CSV file upload
- On Gameball Admin Dashboard, go to Players, and stay on the Players Tab
- Click on Import Players
- Download our default CSV template for reference
Note: you must prepare your data and convert these data to follow the same format in this CSV template.
Example of our template:
Note: Email and player ID are the only mandatory fields in the template.
- Upload the CSV file after adding your customers' data and click on Upload Players Data.
Note: You can either click Upload Players Data and choose the CSV file from your browser, or drag and drop it.
- Click Upload
The operation will start and you will receive a confirmation message.
The migration is now complete!
Important notes and rules:
- The player point, score, or level will be updated according to the higher value existing in the upload file or on Gameball.
Whole updating players, we have multiple cases to be highlighted:
- The Player points balance is zero, and CSV file for this player is 500:
The player's new points balance will be 500.
- The Player points balance is 100, and CSV file for this player is 300:
The operation will add only the difference (200) and the player's new points balance will be 300.
- The Player points balance is 700, and CSV file for this player is 300:
The operation will do nothing and the player's points balance will remain 700.
How to extract your current player data?
- Go to your Players Tab on Gameball Admin Dashboard
- From on the top right of the page, click Extract